Work Safely at Heights
This course is aimed at developing the candidate’s skills in safe work method statements and risk assessments for working at heights. Candidates will be equipped with knowledge and skills to safely work in any height situation, primarily being aimed at general construction, maintenance, mining, large factories or other work situations where work is conducted in a place where a fall from one level to another is possible.
Candidates will attain the practical application and understanding in the following:
- work safely at heights on at least two occasions, including:
- accessing, interpreting and applying technical and safety information for working at heights
- assessing hazards and risks associated with working at heights and implementing control methods
- selecting, wearing and caring for personal protective equipment
- identifying required safety systems including fall protection and associated equipment
- checking the correct fitting, adjusting and anchoring of fall protection and associated equipment
- performing work safely at heights.
- Candidates must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to read, write and understand English
- Present photo I.D. on arrival
- Complete a ‘Fitness for Work’ form – Candidates are required to declare any medical issue that may exclude them from full participation
- Wear normal work clothing, enclosed footwear and remove all jewellery prior to commencement
- This course is delivered over one (1) day.
- Training and assessment is delivered face to face at Altrad’s premises
- Upon arrangement, training can be conducted on-site at the premises of our clients providing there is suitable infrastructure and training facilities. Contact us for more details
- Assessment will include a WorkSafe written calculations and theory assessment and practical demonstration
NOTE: WorkSafe written assessments are ‘Closed book’.
If you are found not yet competent, you may re-sit this assessment. Refer Student Information Book.
On successful completion of this course candidates will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for the Unit/s of Competency.
Your Statement of Attainment does not have an expiry date, however, your High Risk Work Licence expires every five (5) years. You must not carry out high risk work until your licence has been renewed.
VERIFICATION OF COMPETENCY ASSESSMENTS (VOC) ARE AVAILABLE FOR THIS COURSE
Contact us for further information.
LANGUAGE, LITERACY AND NUMERACY (LLN)
Adjustments to training can be made for candidates with LLN issues so that they are not disadvantaged in completing this course. Please inform our office at the time of booking your course if you experience any language, literacy or numeracy issues.